Friday, August 15, 2008

Jack's 1-Year-Old Photos

While still in Idaho I took Jack to get his birthday photos taken. It wasn't the greatest session; we had a really hard time getting him to smile. I was pleased with the way the "mommy & me" photos turned out, though.
At the time these were taken we'd been moved out of Maryland for a month and a half, living out of suitcases, and he'd grown out of many of the clothes I brought for him. This poor outfit he's wearing, which I never would have selected, will always remind me of those 2 months of homelessness.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I really like the Mom and me photos!!

Elise said...

You both look so cute! I can't believe how big Jack's getting. It's sad to think of how old he'll be the next time I see him!

BrookieT said...

Despite the outfit, which is really not so bad, he still looks so cute. It's so good to hear from you again, and thanks for the postcard! What a fun surprise! I would like your address when you get a chance!

Rachel said...

I love the mommy and me pics! I am less interested in the scenery and more interested in YOU! But the playground is cool, and so is that really old castle on the side of the hill.

Do you feel safe there? How is the financial crisis affecting life there?

Chelsea said...

I love these pictures. The ones with you and him really turned out great. At least you were able to get pictures of him at one year. That's something to be thankful for.