Friday, August 1, 2008

Raspberries


The raspberries in my parents' garden are ripe! My mom and I picked 2 buckets full today. They are plump and beautiful. I love the fresh produce from the garden here in the summertime.

4 comments:

Petty Family said...

The picture you took of that bowl of raspberries looks amazing and beautiful! Raspberries are in season much later in Idaho than MD! I guess because the weather is cooler? I picked peaches the other day with my sister and I'm going to post a picture of those - isn't fresh fruit amazing? I know that comment sounds stupid, but I really think it is amazing.

Jessica said...

My family had a raspberry bush when I was growing up, and I loved picking and eating them, too. Your pictures look great -- I can never take good food close-ups.

BrookieT said...

It's difficult not to look at your fresh-plucked fruit with envy. My grandma also had herself a few bushes as I was growing up. I loved running around the yard and stopping to enjoy the sweet juiciness. We have some kind of wildberry bush in the trees behind our house, but they are always picked clean by the animals- just like our garden. Dang east coast and it's fencelessness.

Chelsea said...

Oh how I miss fresh fruits and veggies. I almost miss them as much as being home. If we ever get a house and a yard I am so going to have a garden. I love fresh raspberries on French toast or ice cream. It just makes my mouth water thinking about it.