After visiting Kirby Hall (see the post below), we stopped by the Lyddington Bede House before heading home. The Bede House was originally owned by some bishops but eventually was used as an almshouse for bedesmen. The building was pretty well preserved, although most of the furnishings were gone. We were able to go inside all of the old bedesmen rooms, which were really small with low ceilings. The boys enjoyed running around and making noise, while looking for ghosts and monsters. The Bede House was located on the same property as a beautiful old church and cemetery, both of which are still in use.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Awesome pictures harmony! I seriously HAVE to come visit you guys in England. This is already making me want to be there.
I am enjoying all of your pictures! You sure have alot of fun places to explore :-D
Happy Halloween!
You have been to enough castles and stuff to know what the deep hole with all the skid marks in the bathroom was. Don't let the boys touch anything!
What fun trips, I'm so glad you're posting all the pictures. Did you get a new camera? They look awesome! I am loving the fall color!
Post a Comment