Sunday, October 2, 2011

Idaho, Part 3


I love this picture of Jack and Dad BS-ing.

Jack's "I have a secret" is code for cheek blow!

Uncle Jaxon and Lucas doing dishes after Sunday dinner.


Grandma took us to a small water playground and then we had a picnic lunch.

I love this picture of Mom going down the waterslide. What a good sport!

Jack with the girls, my sister's daughters.


Dad, Jaxon, and another of their employees participated in a junk car race in a small town near where they work. Here is their car, "The Skeleton." Everyone took a turn driving, even Dad. It was so fun, and such a stark contrast to the European life I've been living for the past 3 years. I loved it!

To see more photos of the race, click the album below.
Oakley Days Race, 7-19-2011

The morning after the race, Jack and Lucas try out "The Skeleton." And to the right, the spare parts...

Relaxing in Grandma and Grandpa's 5th wheel (actually, Dad's working, as always).

Then we drove into town for some ice cream. I LOVE RURAL AMERICA.



Back up north, we went and had dinner with Uncle Bryce, Aunt Jessica, and family. They made us an amazing gourmet Italian meal, and the kids enjoyed getting to know their relatives.


(L) Aunt Jaimie let all the kids "help" while she was cooking. She's nice; I wouldn't do that.
(R) Tired out from all the fun activities.

Drumming and marching -- it takes some creativity to keep 6 kids under age 5 entertained.

Jack and I had a joint birthday party with yummy strawberry cake made by Aunt Jaimie.

Getting out the instruments again. Jack is very musical. He is always singing in rhythms.

Grandma and Grandpa Higgs came over. Their visits are always too short!!


(L) Playing with the iPad. Jaxon was making it say funny things that he typed, and we all laughed for a long time.
(R) The raspberry bushes were brimming again this year. Can you believe all these gorgeous free berries?


Driving through Utah, we stopped at my Aunt Rachel's house, and they showed us their animals.



The trips to Jackson Hole and Monroe, UT were at the very end of our time in Idaho. It was a great summer, and we miss everyone already!

1 comment:

BrookieT said...

I love your new 'do! So cute. I am glad you had a lot of great family time before you were off to England again.