Friday, October 28, 2011

Burghley House


There are houses like this all over England. I think this is one of the smaller ones. The inside of it was very much like some of the castles we've seen, such as Burg Eltz in Germany. They only showed us a small number of the rooms inside.

A family still lives in this house. I think this gated area was their private front entrance. Queen Victoria stayed here many times.

These bells...just like in Cinderella! And this is the dining room (bad quality photo because I wasn't supposed to be taking it).

A walk around the grounds.

This is the town it's in, Stamford.

Burghley House (pronounced like Burley, Idaho)

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love those bells. I have never seen anything quite like that.

Every time I tour a place like that I wonder what it looks like in the part the family actually uses. Surely it doesn't look like Burg Eltz in there too!? :)

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, Harm. I can see the degradation of the furnishings even as the photo was being taken.