On Memorial Day we went to Rothenburg, Germany with some friends for a day trip. It is a beautiful medieval city. I definitely want to go back sometime.
(L) Jack and Max had a good time together. (R) When we're out, this is our (Aaron's and my) favorite thing to eat for lunch: fresh sandwiches from the local bakery. They're good, inexpensive, and easy to find since there are bakeries in every town in Germany.
(L) We went to the Medieval Crime and Punishment Museum (i.e. the torture museum). (R) My friend tells me this is THE spot to take pictures in town. Here's us at the corner.
The scenery was beautiful!
Finally let loose from the strollers -- these two just kept running back and forth, so glad to have their freedom!
The view from the look-out tower on the city wall. Yes, I climbed all the way up there 35 weeks pregnant. It's always worth it to see a good look-out.
(L) Me on the city wall. (R) It was the hottest day we've had since being in Germany! Jack is not sunburned, just flushed from all that running in the heat. We all came home and took cold showers.



8 comments:
All of these places you go, the scenery is beautiful. How far of a drive was it to Rothenburg? Are your friends German or American? The bakery sandwich looks heavenly.
Whoa, you look big in that picture on the wall. (Haha, sisters can say things like that. It's not rude.:) ) You're getting so close! Gosh, in a few day's it'll be June...
I love the pictures of the boys running. That's so cute!
Looks like a neat place. And the sandwich bread--yum!
I wonder if I will make it over there, like Dad wants...
Looks like fun. Jack is getting so big! We need to skype again some time when he is awake.
It was about a 2-hour drive from our house. Those friends are Americans. We don't really have many German friends.
Wow that is the cutest little town! I'm so jealous, I really want to visit all these places. I can't believe how big Jack is that he's running around. I have to set up our web cam so we can skype.
I love cold showers on a hot day! How far is Rothenburg from where you live? My family stayed there one their excursion (without me) and I have heard all about how cool it is. We want to visit soon! I just love all the fresh food they have available there- LOVE the bakeries!
Rothenburg is on our itinerary and one of the places I am really looking forward to seeing.
It is funny because we will be meeting up with some German friends of ours who live about an hour away. They have NEVER been there. Ha ha So they decided to come with us when we go.
It is funny how sometimes you don't go see things that are right in your own backyard.
Your pictures are great -You look cute!
Dude harm take that bowling bowl out from under your shirt!! haha Jack is one cute little man eh! What's up with those designer jeans he's wearing? Already a model? Can't wait to see you guys!
-jax
Post a Comment