Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ithaca, Week 1

We've had such a good time visiting Aaron's family. All of his siblings were able to come meet us in Ithaca. It was great having everyone together.

The girls had some good bonding time too, shopping and chatting. The one to the left of me is Aaron's sister; the others are my sisters by marriage.


It's been hot and humid, so Grandpa's pool is popular.


We went with Grandma Kay to the children's Sciencenter.



I saw this on the Commons during the Ithaca Festival. I think they were preparing for some type of performance.


all Bill and Kay's grandkids

They had a fun time running around the yard.

We took our boys on a short drive through the Cornell University campus.

Then went with everyone to Cornell Plantations.

Throwing rocks into Cayuga Lake, one of the Finger Lakes.

I love these photos of Jack on the playground.


(R) Lucas helped cousin William eat some cake.

There was a wedding reception going nearby at the park, and Lucas was dancing to the music.


Lucas took a spill a few days ago, and ended up with a huge bump on his forehead, and some skinned spots on his face.


visit to Taughannock Falls

Lucas is so sweet.


(R) We took this same photo several years ago before we had kids, so I wanted to recreate it. If I had my computer, I'd post the old one here for you.

These boys LOVE throwing rocks into the water. It's so beautiful here.

6 comments:

laura said...

I love the photos. I need to get copies from you. I wish I was still there!

Anonymous said...

Get here. I'm running out of patience.

Emily Petty said...

Glad you're having a great time - it looks beautiful!

Milly said...

Dad... haha.
Looks like a lot of fun!

Sharon said...

Fun! I went to a 3-week music camp in Ithaca one summer in high school, and we visited Taughannock Falls & Cayuga lake one Saturday. It was a fun trip, and it sure is gorges there. ;)

Brittany H said...

Lucas is the dancing man! I love it. Looks like you guys had fun!

Ps you look way cute in those top pictures.