Monday, June 27, 2011

Idaho, Part 1


(L) Here I am at the airport in Syracuse, having no idea how long my day will turn out to be. I was supposed to arrive in Idaho at 5 pm, and with delays and missed connections, landed at 11:30 pm. I hate flying.
(R) All things considered, the boys were very good. Here they are at the airport in San Francisco (an unplanned stop). I loved seeing the Golden Gate Bridge from the plane.

On the first two days in Idaho, the boys got to spend time with the greatest dad and grandpa in the world!!

The sunsets are so beautiful. These were taken from my parents' front porch.


Grandpa showed the boys how to get a drink from the hose.



(L) Happy with water dripping from his chin.
(R) Got a little wet!


This trip wouldn't be complete without at least one backyard hot dog roast with Grandpa and Grandma.

Uncle Jaxon & Aunt Brittany took Jack to Home Depot with them; there was a special event going on where kids could make little toolboxes. (Jaxon's fingers got hammered more than once.)


These iPads sure are fun (but no, Aaron, we don't need one). I was watching an old movie on Netflix streaming, another benefit of being in America.


Grandma and I took the boys to the river to feed the geese.








Lucas had a birthday, and we went to the zoo. I think they enjoyed running around more than actually seeing the animals.


An awful picture of everyone at the birthday party. A Mexican friend and his daughter were visiting.

7 comments:

laura said...

I love the photos! Nice to see what you are up to in Idaho. It looks like Jack is a nice and helpful older brother opening presents. :)

jess said...

The picture of you and your grandma (at least, I assume it's your grandma) is adorable!

Aubrey said...

The boys look like they are in HEAVEN! Family time is so so so amazing.

I'm glad you're having so much fun, but I miss you, Harm. Love to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

I think you should stay forever!

Jaimie said...

I loved this post! Totally smiled through the whole thing. Especially love the grandpa pictures and the hose video ("That tastes good! Like water!" Haha!). And the home depot pictures. And....
What's with Lucas's cake? Did it get cut in half or something?

Brittany H said...

They are so cute! Those videos are awesome. I love Lucas' laugh. That's a good picture of you walking with Grandma!

Emily Petty said...

Happy Birthday to Lucas! Can't believe he's 2! I love the pictures of your boys in their matching red/white shirts. Looks like everyone is having a great time. Are you still in Idaho? When do you go to England? I'm going to send you an email. : )