Saturday, May 14, 2011

Student of the Week

I'm doing a little catch-up on the blog (this is Harmony).
A few months ago Jack was student of the week at his Kindergarten. As part of that, the entire class came to our house one day to see where Jack lived. They walked there all together and back during the school day, holding hands. The kids were a little bit timid (or maybe just very well behaved), and they were so cute. Here they are arriving at our house.

The teachers didn't talk much to me, but I heard one say to the other, "Grosse!" Yes, our house is very big by German standards.

(L) The kids playing in the toy room. They only stayed about 10 minutes, then had to walk back to school. (R) Lining up to leave. Jack is in the red coat and boots.
At this point all the kids were kind-of staring at me. I realized that they didn't know what to say to me because they knew I spoke English. When I said, "Tschuss!" (good-bye), they softened up a little and several said it back.

2 comments:

Milly said...

No particular reason why, but I liked this post. :)

Milly said...

Oh crap, sorry... it's Jaimie.