Friday, May 20, 2011

Going-Away Party

I wanted to have one last get-together with our closest friends here before moving. We hosted a potluck on Saturday afternoon. I made pulled pork sandwiches and everyone brought sides. The food was all delicious, and the company was even better!

(L) girl talk; (R) Aaron and some co-workers

The daddies don't get to socialize often enough!

The kids had a wonderful time riding bikes on the deck (and I loved having the energy and noise kept outside!). The smaller girls stayed in the toy room where it was safe.

When I look at these pictures, I can't help but smile. I love these girls so much! The friendships have been the most meaningful part of my Germany experience.


That same day my heart was in North Carolina where my baby brother, Dallon, married his high school sweetheart, Kristie, in a lovely rose garden. (Don't think I'm a bad sister for not going; it was a very quick engagement.) I love Dallon, and I'm happy for this new chapter in his life.

4 comments:

Kay said...

Congratulations to Dallon and Kristie! They look very happy.

Emily Petty said...

Oh, this post makes me so sad. Come back to MD after England!!! Hey, if housing prices continue the plunge - it might even be easy. Congrats to your brother!

Anonymous said...

Great post Harn.

Milly said...

You just made me want to cry again...