We took a two-part road trip to Venice and then to Garmisch/Bavaria. Some of the highlights are posted here; the rest are in the album with captions. It is a 9-hour drive from our house to Venice.
(We told our neighbor that we were driving there, and I could tell he thought we were crazy. I guess Europeans aren't used to driving long distances like that, since the countries are smaller and close together. It seems that Americans are more accustomed to long road trips.)
(We told our neighbor that we were driving there, and I could tell he thought we were crazy. I guess Europeans aren't used to driving long distances like that, since the countries are smaller and close together. It seems that Americans are more accustomed to long road trips.)




7 comments:
Those mountains are absolutely gorgeous!! Looks dang fun! -jax
Please tell me you burst into song at least a few times on this trip. Who can resist a little "Edelweiss" or "Climb Every Mountain" when you're in Bavaria and Austria?! :)
Off to look at your pictures of Venice! So glad you had a great trip!
Wow, what beautiful places to visit! I would totally be up for driving 9 hours if that were the scenery! 9 hours in the US barely gets you through Nebraska.
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! And it brings back such great memories as we also drove this last year!! It is such beautiful country - it was such a pleasure to drive because you never get tired of the scenery there. A whole different ballgame from say...Nevada - Ha ha!!
How did you like Venice? I LOVE it there!!! It is so interesting.
Gorgeous I love all the pictures. We sure wish we could've been there too! One of these days :)
OK. You've seen the world. Now come home.
So fun! I'm glad that we got to go on another trip together! Those Austria pictures were amazing...now I'm happy that Katie's demand to nurse made us stop all the time!
Post a Comment