Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August Recap

Things have been pretty slow-paced here since we came back from our trip to America, and it's been wonderful! With class and traveling, life seems so busy. It's also been the strangest summer I've experienced, weather-wise. All of August was gray and drizzly. But I'm not complaining; it's better than being too hot!

(R) Lucas bumped his head on something perfectly round...not sure what it was. The kid seems to get a new bruise on his forehead every day.

My basil is doing really well, and so is the oregano. I've really enjoyed growing these this year.

(L) We also have lavender plants in our yard. Lavender seems very prevalent here.
(M) Fresh basil to make homemade pesto; (R) Fresh herbs to mix into cream cheese as a spread for crusty bread.

Lucas really likes to climb.



(R) Doing "pwuzzles."


(L) I'm sure every mom's favorite thing to do is snuggle the little one.

Dancing to music from the toy on the fridge.


Occasionally these two play well together.

We were bored last Sunday evening, so we drove nearby to the Rhine and watched the ferry go back and forth. Love the gorgeous vineyard hills.

6 comments:

Brittany H said...

ah they are so cute. I can't wait to see them again. Lucas is getting big.

Chelsea said...

I'm glad to see an update. I know you've been busy with classes. I miss you. The boys are cute and I know all too well the bumps on the head and climbing.
Glad you had a good summer.

CB said...

Your boys are so cute - I love Lucas's lips (does that sound weird - I hope not) but his little pucker is so darling!

They are both getting so big!

How do you get bored in Germany?

Anonymous said...

Lavender, basil, and mixed herbs on crusty bread? Did Aaron get a pay cut or has the Nazi regime returned? In America we eat things like roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy or snacks of Mt. Dew with almond snickers. Looking at the boys in their pj's on the chair tells me they are eating more than crusty bread with dried herbs. Great pictures Harm. Love you guys.

Kay said...

Your sons are getting so big and they are handsome. I love the foto of them dancing in the kitchen. Your herbs look great, Harmony.

Emily Petty said...

I think Anonymous is your Dad - his comments are so funny! We miss you guys - excited to see you soon, well, relatively!