Monday, May 24, 2010

Wine Fest

We attended a Wine Fest in a nearby town this weekend. It was a pretty little place.


Yum, bratwurst!

(L) I took this picture for my dad. It's not that Jack was having a bad time, but he had fallen asleep in the car, so was a little unsure of what was going on. But when I saw this image I thought of you, Dad, since I know this is how you'd feel if you were sitting here with all these people.
(R) Just so you can see the scenery a bit.

Jack riding the carousel and Lucas watching from the side.

Saturday morning we did some gardening. Aaron taught Jack how to pull weeds.
Behind our house are many farm fields that grow a variety of vegetables. This was my first time seeing asparagus growing, as we were biking. Asparagus is a big thing in this area. There are roadside stands all over that sell it and strawberries in the springtime. The white asparagus is most widely available. It can actually be difficult to find the green variety.

5 comments:

Jaimie said...

Whoa, that bratwurst is huge! And nice fitting bun... yum though! I love brats!
Haha--Dad's picture.
I love kid and dad pictures (gardening one). So cute.

Mandy said...

Aw, I would LOVE a bratwurst right now! You know, I have not seen a single white asparagus since I've been here, only the green kind...which I've gotten quite a bit, if I can get it for $1.50 a pound or less...

I enjoyed your pics.

Anonymous said...

Jack be da man!!!!! Now maybe the neighbors won't think ya'll is wite Merican trash wit a weedless flower gartin.

Anonymous said...

The white asparagus is best anyway - more tender, Harmony! Yum- steamed white asparagus with Hollandaise sauce.
By the way, the white is just regular green asparagus that has been kept covered with soil or plastic.
Bill

Anonymous said...

Nitley, I'm sorry but I have looked at your pictures every day, like I always do. Come on, that brat looks like something very disgusting.