I am sad to announce that our Maxima sold today. We were only able to ship one car to Germany, so we sent our smaller, newer Honda Civic. I am a person who gets really attached to things that I love, so I feel the need pay tribute as we say farewell to an old friend.
Aaron bought this car just before he left BYU for Maryland. He had it while we were dating and engaged. It was the car that was decorated at our wedding reception, and that we took on our honeymoon. It was the car we brought our baby home from the hospital in. It was the car we took on all our road trips. We were planning to keep it until it's death before this move came up.
I LOVED this car, and was so sad to see it go (yes, I just about cried when the buyers drove it away). It was so comfortable to ride in, even in the back seat. It was amazingly spacious in the cab and in the trunk. It was a 6-cylinder, and Aaron loved that pick-up-and-go capability.
My consolation is that it went to a good home. The buyer was a kid, just recently returned from a mission and planning to start college. He and his dad were really nice people, and I know they will love the car.
Goodbye, Maxima. Now I just have to talk Aaron into buying me another Maxima when we return to the states.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Goodbye, Maxima
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
This post makes me laugh - you are so cute - but I'm sorry you're sad. We're sad to sell our Corolla also. It was my first car that I purchased. Okay, I guess "we" bought it soon after we got engaged, but I think of it as mine since it was just my car until we got married. Don't worry, there are many other "cars in the sea." :)
Well, it's good that it has a good home now. It can begin its new cycle again...when that new RM gets married and starts a family! I remember what a good car it was (when we borrowed it for those few months while you were off in the world) it was indeed very comfortable and powerful. I can understand your sentiment. But you are getting things taken care of!
Poor Maxima. I totally understand why you are attached to it.
Sean's car that we had while we were dating threw a rod shortly before we moved to Las Vegas. I am still sad about leaving it in Idaho. I also had had trouble with the '83 Honda that my parents bought brand new right before Jennie was born and had to sell it. That was a hard thing to let go and I wish I had pictures. Cause we all squished in it to go to SLC to one of the cousin's blessings and Jennie smashed her finger in the door on that trip. I spent 2 hours on the way there and back with Reuben on my lap.
So Congrats on letting your friend Maxima go to a good home.
Post a Comment