Growing up my family took a lot of road trips across the country, and my dad kept track of what states we had and hadn't been to. When Jack was born I decided to keep a list for him. Now that Jack has completed 2 car trips across the country, at age 1 his total is 24 states plus D.C. Here is the break-down:
Touring in our area: Maryland, D.C., Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, New Jersey
Trip across country at age 4 months: Idaho, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina
Trip across country at age 11 months: Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming
Jack does amazingly well sitting in his car seat for 3+ full days. He's a pro at these long trips now. At age 1, he has already seen half of the United States. It's also weird to think that I have been to half of the 50 states just in the past year. (That's unusual.)
As for me, my total is up to 49 states after our trip across last fall. The one state I have not been to is.....Wisconsin. People always think it's Alaska, but it's Wisconsin. Part of me never wants to go to Wisconsin because I don't think anyone would believe me that I'd been to all 50 states. On the other hand, it would be cool to think that I had. My parents and siblings are all up to at least 45 states, as we took most of those trips together.
Next we start on countries!








5 comments:
Great pictures!!! Are you safely in Idaho now?
I have no clue how many states I've been to, but now I'm motivated to figure it out.
Great post Harmony - I've missed reading your blog while you were traveling. Wow, Jack has been to alot of states - I like to count up mine also - I think I'm 49 too, but the one I haven't been to is Alaska. The pic of Jack driving the car is so cute. We miss hanging out with you guys already - thank goodness for Germany! It'll seem more real when we finally get a date. What date are you coming back to MD again? I want to put it on the calendar. Have fun in ID!
What a good little traveler he is! Thank goodness, right? I bet it was very enjoyable. I also have missed your posts, and I hope you enjoy the time you have with your family now. Cherish the times, because they'll be so far away so very soon.
Did you cut your hair? It looks cute!
wow, all I can say is JACK IS AMAZING. I mean, we drove to TN the other day and my boys barely made it without screaming their heads off!!! You are very lucky and will have no probs when you fly to Germany! LUCKY!!!
Post a Comment