Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Obama Rally in Baltimore

Aaron, Jack and I attended our first political rally yesterday in Baltimore. First we stood outside in line for at least an hour in frigid temperatures waiting to get in. (I had so many layers on Jack he seriously looked like Randy from "A Christmas Story." He was all stiff!) Once we got in we waited almost 2 hours for Obama to come on stage. It was good once Obama got there, although Jack didn't like the whole experience at all. The crowd's loud cheering upset him, so the lady behind us let him use her earmuffs.

See a segment of Obama's speech in Baltimore here. He mentioned the great turnouts he had had at his rallies across the country, and he made reference specifically to the big crowd at his rally in Idaho! I think people are still shocked by the turnout in Boise, and I think it was because presidential candidates never pay Idaho any attention. If you didn't know, he was originally supposed to speak in Utah, but canceled that out of respect for President Hinckley's funeral, and went to Idaho instead.

If you are interested, and I know many of my readers are not :), here's the "Yes, We Can" music video for Obama.

No comments: