Saturday, October 20, 2012

London Temple Trip

Our stake had a temple weekend recently.  On Saturday morning the Primary held an activity on the temple grounds for all the kids so the parents could go through.  It's a 2+ hour drive to the London Temple without traffic, and they have lodging there on the grounds.
Walking around the temple grounds after just arriving.
These orange flowers are the ones my Grandma Higgs always had in her garden pots.  They reminded me of her.

I caused some excitement in the morning stake temple session when I was kneeling and fainted backwards in front of a room full of people.  Also on this trip Jack got his first bee sting.

********************
On Saturday afternoon we went to an English Heritage site nearby.  We have the membership, and had been wanting to see this -- the home of Charles Darwin.  Inside the home were some museum-like rooms about Darwin's life, in addition to the furnished rooms where he worked and lived.  Outside they had extensive gardens and a greenhouse.

Driving towards home, this is a two-lane road.  This is very typical in England.  The road is so small that you have to stop and pull over when a car comes the other direction.  The problem is, there are no shoulders!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I've seen people faint a TON of times at the temple -- always, always pregnant women. I vowed never to be the witness couple or do sealings while pregnant -- too much kneeling!

Anonymous said...

One time I caught Heidi McGary during sealings. Those little men. I can't stand it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mandy Benton said...

It's amazing you were kneeling while pregnant! (We kneel in our church too during the services but I always get light headed or my back hurts so I lean back on the pew)(while pregnant only of course). How embarrassing to faint--I'm so sorry! I can only imagine! Also, bee stings are awful for the little ones. They feel so betrayed (or rather, bee-trayed, lol!). Love the updates. That temple looks very humble by way of Temples. I suppose I'm used to the one towering over I-495 here!