Thursday, October 18, 2012

Scotland: Loch Lomond

On our last day in Scotland, we hiked up a hill near the Loch Lomond & the Trossachs National Park visitor's center for a fabulous, but wet view of the lake and some of its islands. It rained most of that day (and for much of our trip), but as they say in the UK, there's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing, so we trudged our way up the muddy path to this lookout halfway up the trail. You can't let the rain stop you from doing things over here. Scotland was wonderful, but we found out during our trip that we were going to be kicked out of our house in August (the landlord wanted to move back in), so we spent the rest of our summer searching for a house, prepping and then moving, hence the delay in these posts.
(R) Jack was way ahead of us. 
(L) Part of the mud path we trekked (R) The rest of the way up from the lookout point where we took the photos below. We didn't go to the top. Maybe next time, when the boys are a little bigger.
(L) Lucas ended up hitching a ride up part of the way. 
(R) Rather than following the trail the same way back, we walked straight ahead from where I was standing here down the hill and towards the lake until we reached the road.
(Above) Muddy hikers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful experience. I hate it when my feet get wet through my boots/shoes. I hate it. Beautiful pictures. I'm beginning to realize that the pictures are a lot more stunning when there is someone in them I know. Thanks for the blog.