Some of you know I've been having trouble with getting Jack to take a nap, and I'm worried that naps are phasing out. But I still try every day. Well, today he proved to me that he can still resist my efforts. What's next? Locking him in the room?
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
nash is super anti-nap these days. if i even mention a nap he goes crazy. so, what i started doing a few months ago is to have 'quiet time.' most people will do this in the kids room, but nash won't even do that. so he lays on the couch with his blanket and some milk and watches sesame street or something. then, if he's tired enough he'll end up falling asleep right there. something about still seeing me around and not mentioning the word 'nap' relaxes him enough that he'll take a nap if he really needs it. otherwise he just lays there and rests and i get a little break. maybe try something like that? and good luck!
Try bribery!
When they are done they are done.
Maybe use the quiet time when Lucas is asleep to do something special with Jack.
He's a cutie!!
Well you and I have already chatted about this - I think quiet time should be mandated until they're 12! :) But what to do when they won't stay put?! I'm still amazed that Frank's never figured out how to climb out of his crib. Good luck!
That looks familiar... I have a couple that do that also. I stopped even putting them in the playpen, because what's the point?
What to do about no naps? No clue.
Although what Kay said works with my girls sometimes. Like, "If you take a nap you can watch a show" or "If you go to sleep then when you wake up... [this] will happen." Sometimes it's even stuff that happens anyway, like Dad will come home or something, but sometimes it still works. :) Even candy or something would totally work for my girls too I think. Then if they don't nap, then they don't get the thing and are sad. So the next day you remind them that they were sad so they need to nap today. Anyway... What do I know about getting kids to sleep?? NOTHING.
I have some audio Bible stories or soft music that I put in the cd player for Sam. He can't come out of his room until the cd stops playing. It buys me 40 minutes or so of quiet time. Or I let him play quietly with his trains but the rule is that he can't bother me or else he will be in his bed again.
Good work! We miss you all a lot!
When I had kids that age, I would lie down and nurse the baby with the two-year-old beside me and all three of us would have a nap. I always held hands with the two-year-old and that seemed to help. Good luck! He's a smart kid!
Wow what a smart little boy!! I can't believe how big they both have gotten. I can't wait to see them again! Good luck with the naps, I don't know what I would do!!
Post a Comment