Nearly every city in Germany has a Christmas market. We visited the one in Mainz with Aleks, and I loved it! Sadly enough, it was my first trip to a Christmas market, as we seem to have missed them completely last year.


They have stands selling all kinds of things: German cookies and candies, bratwursts, candied nuts, Christmas ornaments, these [very expensive] nativity scenes above, warm hats/mittens/slippers, carousel rides for kids, etc.




On Aleks and Laura's last night in Germany, we invited over a German friend, Kimmo, and his family. Kimmo's family was friends with Aaron's family when they lived in Germany in the 1980's.



(L) Kimmo and Aleks; (R) Their daughter, Kristina, loved baby Lucas.
They have stands selling all kinds of things: German cookies and candies, bratwursts, candied nuts, Christmas ornaments, these [very expensive] nativity scenes above, warm hats/mittens/slippers, carousel rides for kids, etc.
(L) I thought this was real holly. I'm not sure if it is.
On Aleks and Laura's last night in Germany, we invited over a German friend, Kimmo, and his family. Kimmo's family was friends with Aaron's family when they lived in Germany in the 1980's.
(L) Kimmo and Aleks; (R) Their daughter, Kristina, loved baby Lucas.



2 comments:
Wow. I am salivating! I gotta figure out how I can come visit. Those nativities are amazing! Plus, it would be fun to spend time with those CUTIE pie boys.
Post a Comment