Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More Fun


My dad took Jack on a tractor ride. He was asleep by the time they came back, still jet-lagged.

(L) Sharing his cars with cousin Macy; (R) My dad goes daily to get a soda, and one day took the kids with him. They each have their own kid drinks.
Life here contains a lot of sugar. From all the candy and treats aunt, uncles and grandparents have given Jack, he's had more sugar in the last week than he has in his entire life. I'm not exaggerating, since I rarely give him sugar at home.

We went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. At right you see what I was excited about while eating out in America -- water with ice and free refills! In Germany they do not serve tap water at restaurants. If you want a drink with your meal, you have to order one from the menu, and they are expensive and small. I'm always still thirsty.

(L) Jack climbed up on Uncle Dallon's lap, something that most kids don't do. The little girls found him intimidating. I was happy to see that Jack warmed right up to all the men here. (R) After we picked raspberries, Jack was eating them by the handfuls out of the bucket.

(L) Our little Lucas is 8 weeks old and still growing. (R) Giving brother a kiss.

(L) Like I said, Jack likes to listen to music (and cross his legs when he's relaxing). (R) He did it again, only this time into a pot of boiling potatoes. Lovely.
Snitching the cookie dough.

5 comments:

Jaimie said...

Cute. I miss you guys.

CB said...

It looks like you had a great time visiting your family! That is so wonderful :D

I had to laugh about the big glasses of ice and water - I can only add "Amen" - I was thirsty all through out Europe!

Lisa said...

Jack is a cute boy. What a personality. I'm glad you're here with your family. You'll always be glad you came. Thanks for keeping us up on things.

Emily Petty said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time!

Chelsea said...

Looks like you've been having a blast in Idaho. Sad to see Dallon go back, but we know he'll be watched over.
Hugs and Kisses to Jack and Lucas..they're so cute.