Thursday, June 11, 2009

Jack's Little Accident

On Monday when I was mopping, Jack slipped on the wet floor and hurt his ankle. For two days he wouldn't put any weight on it, wouldn't stand up or walk, so yesterday we took him to the doctor. He screamed through his entire x-ray experience. Aaron went in with him; they wouldn't let me in because I am pregnant. And it was horrible for me because I just had to sit outside and listen to him scream for 15 minutes, and wonder what they were doing to him and why it was taking so long. Anyway, we weren't clear on the actual diagnosis, but the message we got was that two bones were rubbing together. It's not broken. They put a cast on him, and he will need to continue to be carried around until Monday or Tuesday when we take him back in to get another lighter cast that he can walk on. He doesn't seem to be in pain, though. I'll admit, baby casts are pretty cute.

Here's large me at almost 38 weeks. Just thinking about carrying him around for the rest of the week makes me ache even more.

Injured babies get to watch movies.

4 comments:

Elise said...

He really does look so cute with the cast on! Poor Jack, he looks so cute watching his movie! You look great! I can't believe you have two weeks left!

Emily Petty said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about that- poor Jack! But you're right...his cast is cute. Is it still okay if we come stay at your house Monday night? And you look amazing - you're one of the only people I know who really does just get a big stomach when pregnant - you don't gain weight anywhere else!

BrookieT said...

That would be so hard for me to not be with him during the x-ray! You can make it! Just a week or two more!

Brittany H said...

injured babies should definitely get to watch movies. haha that made me laugh.

I can't believe how tiny you are even when your pregnant. Seriously.