June 5, 2004
We met at a church activity in February 2003 while we were both attending Brigham Young University. Aaron had recently moved into my ward (church congregation). We started dating, and Aaron graduated that April. He stayed in Utah for the summer while I went home to Idaho to work (a 5-hour drive from Provo). We saw each every other weekend or more throughout the summer. In August of 2003 Aaron began his job in Maryland, and I began my senior year of college. By October we were engaged. We'd fly back and forth to see each other once a month, back when plane tickets were more affordable. It was an 8-month long-distance engagement, which is very long for Mormon engagements. We waited to get married until I finished my last year of college. Let me tell you, it was a long 8 months. We emailed and talked on the phone A LOT. Finally in June 2004, only a few days before the wedding, Aaron flew out west and we were married in the Idaho Falls Temple. We were so happy because, after being separated for 14 months, there would be no more saying goodbye; we finally got to stay together and spend every day together. I moved to Maryland and we lived there for 4 years, and have now lived in Germany for 1. After 5 years of marriage we are just a few weeks away from being a family of 4, and so blessed!
Happy Anniversary, Aaron!
(last year's post has more pictures)
Happy Anniversary, Aaron!
(last year's post has more pictures)




11 comments:
Happy 5th Anniversary!
This is cute. I don't think I've seen that picture from the carriage. It's a good one.
Happy Anniversary! I remember your big day was just after returning from our big tour in Europe!
Wow - has it really been a year? Congrats on 5 yrs!
Happy Anniversary!! We had a "long" engagement too (7 1/2 months) but at least lived in the same town. You guys have traveled to lots of interesting places in 5 years. Best wishes for many more happy healthy years together!
I love your story Harmony - Wow that was a long engagement but you both look so happy in the pictures!
You were a beautiful bride! You look so much like your mom in that picture. It is so funny how you girls can have the different coloring but still both look like your mother.
5 Years is a great milestone!
Happy Anniversary :D
aw, what a sweet post! Happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!!! It's a great milestone. Make each one special!! We love you!!!
When Harmony says they talked a lot, she means it. It was my cell phone and the bill for 1 month was $400. Yeah, I paid it, and it was worth it. These 2 are awesome. Can't wait to see you in September when we go to Glacier......on Goldwings.
Can you believe how time flies? Happy Anniversary Harm and Aaron.
Post a Comment