Thursday, April 23, 2009

Holland Trip

We took a nice little weekend trip to the Netherlands with some friends. It was great because we were able to drive there in 4 hours, no airports involved!

Our first stop was a shop that makes cheese and wooden shoes.
(For those of you who like the Shirley Temple movie "Heidi," I couldn't stop thinking of that song, "We'll dance and skip in our little wooden shoes." I see now that it makes sense to have that Dutch sequence in the movie, since the story takes place in Frankfurt.)


Keukenhof
We spent a whole day here and I loved it! I wanted to go back the next day. The hyacinths were my favorite. They smelled SO good!



Soon to be family of 4 with tulip fields in the background.


We took a boat tour of Amsterdam. It's a beautiful city! Also in Amsterdam we saw Anne Frank's house and the Van Gogh museum.


Windmills
(R) The top of the measuring stick is sea level. They use the windmills to pump out water when it floods. The country is very flat, so it's quite windy.


I love this picture of my boys.

I think I'd like to go back next spring.

8 comments:

CB said...

Harmony those pictures are just breathtaking - Love the flowers and the windmills and the wooden shoes. Dang now I wish we could add the Netherlands on to our trip!

Anonymous said...

I think I'd like to go with you. dad

Brittany H said...

That looks awesome! I want to go too.

Elise said...

It looks like you had a great time! I'm so jealous of all the fun trips you guys get to take. You look so cute- less than two months left!

jess said...

That looks amazing! Much better than our "drive" through the country, huh?

Heidi Nicole Bird said...

Dang you are too lucky for your own good. You should take me with you next time! :) jk

Lindsey said...

The Netherlands is on the top of my list of places I want to go. I never met a Dutch person I didn't like. They are awesome people. It looks like you had a wonderful time. I'm so jealous. I really shouldn't check your blog because I always end up wishing we were there.

BrookieT said...

Ach, ja- what a beautiful country! Did you happen to visit the temple in Den Haag? Beautiful, yet small.