Jack turned 1 today!
We wish Aaron could have been here to celebrate. Aaron got to talk to the birthday boy on the phone, and when Jack heard Aaron's voice, he said, "Da! Da!" I never knew if he knew what that meant, but now I think he does. It nearly brought tears to my eyes seeing this little boy holding the phone to his ear and the look on his face as he listened to his dad's voice. I wished I could have captured it on camera. We miss you, Aaron!
Last month in New York we had a combined early birthday party for Jack and Grandma Kay. Thanks everyone for making a big deal of it, and thanks Uncle Aleks for the great photos. This was Jack's first experience eating refined sugar!
Last month in New York we had a combined early birthday party for Jack and Grandma Kay. Thanks everyone for making a big deal of it, and thanks Uncle Aleks for the great photos. This was Jack's first experience eating refined sugar!
I wanted to make a photo video of Jack's first year because I loved the one Jessica made of the twins. However, I don't have my computer here which means I have none of my old photos. And then I realized, this entire blog represents Jack's first year, as I started it when he was born. This blog is Jack's life.






7 comments:
Happy 1st Birthday Jack! You'd better get as much cake as you can. I can't believe he's saying "da da". By the time I make it out to Germany he'd better have "Aunt Elise" down:)
Happy 1st Birthday Jack!! What cute pictures and story Harmony - I can't believe he's one already - I still remember the concert we saw last July at the Lake when both of us were VERY pregnant!
Happy Birthday Jack. The first year just seems to fly by, but then you look back to remember your enormous belly and now here's this little boy. It's crazy. I know you enjoy every moment with Jack, Harm. Motherhood is so much fun.
My, how fast they grow! What a big birthday boy...Happy first 12 months of life, Jack!
And happy (belated) birthday to Jack's Mom! Lots of July birthdays at your home...
So, the other day Jack's uncle Dallon (serving in the Army in Alaska)called because he found a motorcycle he wanted to buy. I told him he did not need it because he already has a bullet bike, a YZ 250, and a new pickup. He said he was not going to ride it. I questioned "who is?" He paused and said, "Jack, of course!" I said he is only 1 today. Dallon replied, "yeah, but he'll be 4 when he gets home from Germany." I guess we better buy it. dad
I just read that part about Jack's first time eating "refined sugar". That is total BS. I'm telling you that kid LOVES his Grandpa's Mountain Dew. Just kidding.
Post a Comment