**This is a little graphic. Don't read if you have a weak stomach.**
I am the music conductor in Sacrament Meeting, but I sit next to Aaron and Jack during the talks. Yesterday in church, during the end of the last talk, Aaron was holding Jack while he was chewing on a thick pretzel stick. He started to gag and I held my hand up in front of his mouth, thinking he would just spit out the pretzel pieces. He heaved once and puked into my hand. He heaved again and puked more and it overflowed...all over. It wasn't just the little bit of pretzel he had swallowed, but also the half banana he ate for breakfast. We grabbed the burp cloth to put the puke in, and half of it went on to the floor. Aaron immediately left with Jack to the bathroom as the speaker wrapped up. Just as I was about to ask the lady in front of me to lead the closing song, the speaker said "amen" and the organist hopped up on the organ. I had no choice but to go up there; I lead the closing song with puke all over my hands and sleeves (I don't think anyone knew).
After Sacrament I went to the bathroom to wash off. I was wearing long sleeves. I turned my sleeve back and there was puke all over the inside of my sleeve. I stuck my whole arm under the running water. I came out with a wet sleeve that still smelled like banana puke. I would have gone home right then to change my shirt, but I had to sub for the CTR class. So I had to endure the next 2 hours with a wet banana arm until I could finally go home and wash!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Memorable Mommy Moments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Whoa!
Ah Harmony! That's horrible! and very funny too!
Oh dithe!
That is completely nasty!!
So funny! At least it smelled like bananas still and not puke, right? Welcome to momhood, eh?
That is a memorable event! Almost as bad as the time Dad was throwing you up in the air playing with you and you puked in his mouth! Oh, the joys of parenthood. We wouldn't trade them for the world! Love you! Mom
I'm proud of you Harm for enduring until the end of church. That's sooo gross, but life with children seems to be so unpredictable like that.
Post a Comment