Aaron and I were blessed with the most wonderful and beautiful mothers and grandmothers. They are so special. Here is a little bit about them.My mom, Barbara, has spent her life giving service to her family and neighbors. She always puts others needs before her own. She is loving and understanding to all, especially those who are really in need of that friendship. She is very talented in many areas. Her greatest joys in life are her family, and she loves the gospel. She taught me many things, among the most important were a love for music, and that if you are going to do a job, do it thoroughly. She is always happy to hear from me and that makes me feel so good. Thanks, Mom, for your great love, help, encouragement, and friendship.
Aaron's mother, Kay, is an extraordinary mother and a great example to me. Her children are very kind and compassionate people who have all achieved great things, and I attribute this greatness to her loving guidance and example. She cares deeply for others and is always doing service, never thinking of herself first. One thing I admire about Kay is that her parenting is and has been prayerful, and it is evident to me that she was guided. She has also kept precious journals of her children's early years. Ever since I've known Kay I've wanted to nominate her for Mother of the Year.

Aaron's Grandma White has all the qualities you'd think a grandmother should have. She is very involved in the lives of her children and grandchildren; she even knows all about the people the grandchildren are dating! Her home is cozy and inviting, and the food is always good. Her trademark is that she is not afraid to speak her mind, and everyone knows that and loves her for it. Every time I see her and Grandpa I like them to tell me stories of when they were dating.

My Grandma Mecham was a very spiritual person; the gospel played a large role in the home where she was mother. She loved to garden, and had the most beautiful and extensive flower and vegetable gardens. She also loved music, and instilled that love in all 6 of her children. I was 9 when she passed at the young age of 51, and I wish I could have known her better. I do know that a hymn she loved was "There Is Sunshine in My Soul Today," and one of her favorite movies was "The Secret Garden."

Aaron's Nana (pictured here with Kay) is someone who, I can tell, is very honored in Aaron's family. I never had the pleasure of meeting her, but I feel like I know her after how much everyone talks about her. Aaron always tells of how she spoiled her grandchildren rotten when they came to visit her. I also know that she was very loving and encouraging to her grandchildren, and they all love her very much. She was a petite woman, and I'm told she loved to dress up in nice clothes.
So to all you mothers and mothers-to-be, Happy Mothers Day!
Songs about motherhood I like:
Colbie Caillat's "Capri"
"Mary Did You Know?"
"A Mother's Eyes" (LDS song)
I also love the way John Mayer describes women in his song "Daughters":
Fathers, be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers, be good to your daughters too




3 comments:
This is great posting, Harmony! I couldn't have said it better about Grandma White, Nana and Kay. I am sure the same holds for the other women (I just don,t know them). Hurrah for great mothers!
That was a really good idea to make this post. I love it!
That was very beautifully done!
Post a Comment