(Above) Lucas and Jack were happy to have a chance to be outside and away from their car seats.
(Above) The Luxembourg American Cemetery is the final resting place for General Patton and two medal of honor recipients.
A mile or so down the road from the American cemetery was a cemetery for German soldiers killed during WWII. It was quite an interesting contrast to compare the two. The German headstones were darker and low to the ground. The cemetery grounds were not well kept, and there were two names marked on each gravestone. A sign outside of the cemetery noted that "the dead of this cemetery admonish to peace." One of the pictures below has the complete description regarding the establishment of this German cemetery, which was the first of its kind constructed outside of Germany after WWII.




1 comment:
Aaron does a much better job blogging than I do!
I'm glad you included the German cemetery. I was really glad we visited that.
Post a Comment