Saturday, July 25, 2009

Jack Turns Two!

So I made a "road" on top of Jack's cake and put 2 new matchbox cars on top of it, since those are his favorite toys. As soon as I set the cake in front of him, he took the cars off before I could even get a picture.

Opening presents and eating cake. Thanks to all the grandparents for the gifts! (including the ones my mom brought)


Aaron and I gave him a sandbox. We don't have a yard or any grass, but we do have a deck. We wanted something he could play with outside without having to take him to the playground.


Also on July 23 our little Lucas turned 1 month old! He has grown a lot of chub in the past month.

7 comments:

Jaimie said...

Good idea with the cars on the cake. Cute. :) Jack's so cute. And the sandbox is the BEST idea!
I need more pictures of Lucas. I can't see him very well in this one and it looks like he looks different now that he's grown some.

Mandy said...

weird, i was thinking of doing a road cake for Sam's birthday! You need to STOP reading my mind!!! anyhow, I have a love-hate though mostly hate relationship with our sandbox. I just have to keep the vacuum handy or else everythign gets covered with sand!

BrookieT said...

Baby Lucas looks scrumdiddlyumptious! What a cute and creative cake. Yumm, was it carrot cake? Lucky for him the german word for Ball is the same! I love his gibberish sentences. Aaron's doing the same thing right now.

laura said...

Happy Birthday Jack!! I love the cake idea. I am going to have to remember that one. I hope that you are doing well with those two cute little boys!

Emily Petty said...

Very cute - happy birthday Jack!

Elise said...

Happy Birthday Jack, 2 already! What a big boy. The cake looks amazing, great job!

Brittany H said...

Happy Birthday Jack! the Sandbox looks fun. Lucas does look chubbier, in a cute way of course :)