Monday, February 2, 2009

First Artwork

Jack had his second official week in church nursery yesterday. When I came to pick him up they gave me this paper -- Jack's first colored picture. I laughed and cried! I can't believe my little baby is old enough to color a picture! That is the first time he has used crayons. They told me he did this all by himself.

From Jack's first week of life I've been telling him not to grow up, to stay a baby, but he has anyway. I'm glad I've made a point to enjoy every stage of his life so far, but I always think I am really going to miss baby Jack when he's all grown up. I don't want to let his babyhood go. I guess his late walking has let me hang on to that a little longer.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Yay Jack. What a beautiful picture. Malachi has been coloring for a while, but he only likes blank paper. He won't color on pages with pictures on them...its kind of funny. Oh well...more for me.

Emily Petty said...

So cute - what a sweet Mom you are Harmony! The nursery has been nice to let Frank go early since I play piano for primary and Dad's not there half the time. Frank had the same little picture when we picked him up from nursery and it's hanging on my fridge right now!